The Town Charter approved by voters in May 2004 reorganized the town and created a new full-time position called Town Manager who is appointed by the Select Board. The Town Manager position is the chief administrative officer of the town who is responsible to the Select Board and for the proper administration of all Town affairs.
On May 1, 2017 the Select Board created a Charter Review Committee "to advise the Town Manager and Select Board on any changes to the Charter that may enhance the governance of the town." The Committee met 20 times and filed a Final Report on October 9, 2018. A copy of that report is available here.
- Town Manager Lyn N. Simmons was appointed November 12, 2019
- Interim Town Manager James Moynihan was appointed July 15, 2019
- Town Manager Stephen J. Crane was appointed April 2, 2013.
- Acting Town Manager Barry Del Castilho was appointed October 10, 2012
- Longmeadow’s 1st Town Manager Robin Crosbie was appointed March 1, 2005.