2022 Leaf Program
Fall 2022 Leaf Program Important Dates
- September 26, 2022: Special Town of Longmeadow leaf bags go on sale at Longmeadow Big Y and Carr-Brightwood Hardware in Enfield.
- October 15, 2022:The drop off area in the Meadows will open for the season on Saturday, October 15th and will remain open to residents and contractors through Sunday, December 6th, weather permitting. The hours of operation will be from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, seven days per week with the exception of Thanksgiving Day. A current Recycling and Yard Waste Center sticker is required for residents to use the West Road leaf drop-off site. Contractors must purchase prepaid permits at the DPW office. To access the leaf dump use Bark Haul Road to Pondside Road to Tina Lane. Signs will be posted. Access from West Road is restricted.
- November 5, 2022: Fall hours begin at the Recycling Center on November 5. The Recycling Center will be open Saturdays only from 8am-3pm beginning November 5 through December.
- November 5, November 19, December 3, 2022: Curbside collection of special town leaf bags. Bags must be set to the curb by 7am on the days of collection. This schedule is subject to change due to weather.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the leaf program?
The Town of Longmeadow’s leaf program is a “fee-based” curbside (tree belt) bag collection pick up.
How does this work?
Only special “Town of Longmeadow” bags containing leaves will be picked up from the tree belt.
What is a special “Town of Longmeadow” leaf bag?
It is a 33-gallon, clear plastic bag with green “Town of Longmeadow” writing. No other bags will be picked up.
Where do I purchase the leaf bags?
Special Town of Longmeadow leaf bags are sold at Longmeadow Big Y and Carr-Brightwood Hardware in Enfield. Bags will go on sale Monday, September 26, 2022.
How much do the leaf bags cost?
Leaf bags are sold in packs of 10 @ $5.00/pack.
What is the weight limit of the bags?
Bags cannot exceed 40 pounds and must contain leaves only. Heavier bags or contaminated bags will not be picked up.
When will the bags be picked up?
Bags are scheduled to be picked up from your tree belt on November 5th, November 19th, and December 3rd by Waste Management. Bags should be on the tree belt by 7am on those days. This schedule is subject to change due to weather.
Where do I place my bags for pick up?
Place leaf bags on the tree belt, NOT IN THE STREET. In case of impending snowfall, keep the bags back to avoid them being covered/plowed over.
Are there any other options for leaf disposal?
(1) You may bring leaves to the Town’s designated leaf collection site on West Road beginning October 15th, 2022. Leaves may be loose or in ANY bag. (Special town leaf bags NOT required at this site). You must empty bags at the site. The leaf site is open seven days a week, 8am-5pm. An annual Recycling Center sticker is required to use this site (stickers are sold at the DPW office, 170 Dwight Road, Tuesday-Friday 9:00 am -3:00 pm)
(2) You can contract with a landscaper to collect your leaves.
For more info call 567-3400, or email email@example.com