Please allow 10 days from submitting the form to receive approval. Use of the seal is not permitted without signed approval from the Town Manager's Office.
The seal was designed and donated by Wallis Sturtevant.
The upper half of the shield is divided in two sections, signifying the 1894 divisions of the Township. The beaver (pelt) represents the first industry in the Town's economy; the gilded cock on the church spire is suggestive of the role religion played in the early development of Longmeadow. The lower half of the Shield is the "Red House" (on the green) built in 1734, symbolical of the many 18th century homes now standing as part of our heritage. Longmeadow was first settled in 1644 and it was the first community to be incorporated into the Commonwealth of Massachusetts immediately following the Revolutionary War in 1783.
Use of the Town seal other than by official Town departments and agencies is prohibited. To request use of the Town seal please complete the form on the right side of the page.