10 SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO CUT ENERGY USE, SAVE MONEY, & ADDRESS CLIMATE CHANGE
1. Change the lighting in your house or apartment to LED lighting
2. Turn down the thermostat in the winter and up in the summer
3. Turn off lights and computers when not in use
4. Plant a tree
5. Cover pots when cooking on the stove.
6. Purchase appliances with an Energy Star® Logo
7. Compost your food waste
8. Reduce your shower time
9. Dry laundry on a clothesline or drying rack.
10. Bicycle to work and to the store instead of driving
TO LEARN MORE
ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability: ICLEI is an international association of over 1,220 local, regional, and national governments and governmental organizations who have committed to sustainable development.
Sustainable Performance Institute: An independent non-profit organization based in Boston with the mission of mainstreaming sustainable development through training professionals and consulting for companies, government, and organizations.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: The EPA offers lot of information about environmental issues, policies, and programs. The site contains advice on how you can conserve energy as well as ways you can help your own community, such as those described in their Act Locally section.