- Department of Public Works
Department of Public Works
DPW Facility Project
Content and documentation on location search for DPW site project
Review engineering documents and see current or upcoming projects.
Longmeadow’s Facility Maintenance Department is operated under the Department of Public Works. The Facilities Maintenance Department maintains seven major Town buildings, six schools, and all park buildings including: camp sheds, pool bath houses, concession stands, and related Facilities.
The Longmeadow Grounds Maintenance Department is responsible for all landscape maintenance to town buildings, athletic fields, tennis and basketball courts, schools, parks, islands and conservation areas.
The Longmeadow Street Department is responsible for the maintenance of over 98 miles of streets and maintains approximately 3,400 drainage basins and all the connecting pipe.
Review pictures and documents of town maps.
Trash / Recycling
The Town of Longmeadow initiated a municipal Recycling Program in 1979 in order to reduce the amount of trash which we dispose of.
Water / Sewer
Learn about water and sewer pumping stations.
Hazard Mitigation Plan
Updating the Hazard Mitigation Plan 2023
- If I have a water- or sewer-related problem in my home, who should I call?
- Which department takes care of trees on the tree belt?
- Who can answer my recycling and trash questions?
- Where can I pick up a recycling container?
- Why are you digging up a street you just paved?
- Who do I call if a street light is out?